Please read the Image guidelines below before uploading your image.
If you want to order more than one screen, after uploading your first image, click 'Add to Basket' before ordering your next screen and completing your next upload.
An easy guide is available to help you get your image to us with the correct specifications.
What size do I need?
Image Size Screen Size
up to 24cm x 31cm Regular
up to 24cm x 47cm Extra Large
What style do I need?
We offer both a Black & White image print, and a Photo/Greyscale image print in this service. For the BW service, your image needs to be ONLY in black and white - no tones of grey unless created by shading with black pixels. The Photographic/Greyscale service will reproduce many shades of grey in an image and is printed on a finer mesh to allow for fine detail. This mesh does not give as many prints as the standard mesh used for the BW service.
For further information of image requirements, please read below.
We will print the image on to mesh which you can then fit into your clip frame. The regular size screen fits into the small clip frame which is 280mm x 390mm and the Extra Large size screen fits the Large Clip Frame which is 280mm x 550mm. We have not kept the clip frame sizes as names for our screen sizes to distinguish them from the size we use for our taped acrylic framed screens.
Speed of Service:
Our aim for our standard service is to turn around screens to be in the post 72 hours after receiving an order.
If you would like to have your screens by 1pm the following day, you can opt for Next Day Guaranteed Delivery, but please check we have capacity to process your screens in time to catch this service and the order is:
* placed before 10.30am
* 8 screens or less
* please call us on 07498 680112 to check we have capacity to fulfil your order - please do not rely on an e mail
* images are at 300dpi and at exact size for printing - any query over the quality of the image uploaded will result in delays to processing
- For BW images, please ensure that the background is 100% white otherwise it may affect the quality of your print. If the background is the slightest shade of grey or colour, the printer may try to print this resulting in marks which may not be apparent on the screen, but will become visible when you print. Use the picker to check your background colour.
- Images must be positive ie the black lines / marks / text on your image are the parts that will print.
- Please note that images with very large areas of SOLID BLACK are not suitable for thermal screens.
- Digital images should be high resolution - 300dpi. Our preferred formats are PDF and JPEG. Please avoid using the following formats - .doc and .docx (Word documents), .png and .pages as they do not always 'travel' well resulting in images which look different to your original design.
- If you wish your image to print at a certain size and are not sure if your image is correct, please crop tightly to the positive image before sending so that we can assess/adjust the size if necessary. Put the size requirements in the Comments Box at Checkout.
- We can take a look at your image(s) before you order - see Contact Us for further details. We will email you to let you know if it is suitable and suggest minor changes if necessary.
- Copyright - if you wish to use artwork that is not your own, please make sure that it is copyright free or that you have permission to use it, and you can forward that permission to us so that we are not breaching copyright by printing the image on to a screen.
- Further information about suitable imagery can be found in Thermo-FAQs.
We stock lightweight squeegees to use with thermal screens and the large squeegee will fit both sizes of clip frames used portrait.
Screen printing inks
Our Screen printing inks are perfect for using with thermal screens for printing on textiles and paper. The inks are water-based, non-toxic and very easy to use.